What is a tech apprenticeship?
Tech Apprenticeships combine practical training in a job with a real employer and study towards respected qualifications. Apprenticeships may be with IT and Tech industry companies or in any business that has an IT or Digital department.
As an apprentice you’ll:
- Work alongside experienced industry experts
- Gain job-specific skills
- Earn a wage and get holiday pay
- Study towards an accredited qualification
- Earn industry certifications
- Apprenticeships take 1 to 4 years to complete depending on their level.
What levels of apprenticeship are available?
Apprenticeships have equivalent educational levels.
Equivalent Education Level: 2x A-Level passes
Level: 4, 5, 6, 7
Equivalent Education Level: Foundation Degree and above
Level: 6, 7
Equivalent Education Level: Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree
Who can apply for an apprenticeship?
You can apply for an apprenticeship while you’re still at school or college. You can apply to be an apprentice at any age.
How old do I need to be to start an apprenticeship?
- 16 or over
- Living in England
- Not in full-time education
How do I apply?
There are 4 straightforward steps to applying for an apprenticeship with TDM Wyre Academy:
- Search for an apprenticeship
- Complete and submit your application
- Attend TDM’s interview and assessment day
- Successful candidates are short-listed for employer interviews
What if there isn't an apprenticeship vacancy listed that is a match for me?
If you can’t spot a suitable vacancy don’t worry – submit your details and our advisers will be in touch with you. TDM works with hundreds of employers and our vacancies change very frequently – so it is always worth sending us your details and explaining why you would make a great Tech or Digital Apprentice. You can fill in the form HERE to send us your details.
What if I want to ask a question about your apprenticeships?
Either use our online chat facility, complete our contact form and we’ll call you back or call 0333 10 100 40.